Friday, 20 June 2014

Years in the Making!


Years in the making! It says it all really! 

Ever since I got taught how to knit when I must have been about 9/10 I found it interesting how this length of wool can be transformed into essentially a piece of fabric! 

I think it must have been in summer 2011 before the year I left high school that I wanted to try doing something with my time, and seen as I knew how to knit I just started knitting squares. I had no idea where this was going to by the way! 

I had my aims high and thought I'd make a colourful bright quilt for a young person like me, haha! But I've now been knitting this quilt over the last 3/4 years and that wasn't my intention I must say, it takes longer than you think you know! This summer though I am determined to finish this quilt! It would be great to just sit outside in the summer nights with a BBQ or at the beach and have a quilt you can grab hold of without having to pull it off your bed!


This photo is taken from my instagram. Go check it out for more like this!

And as you can see this is how far I've got! I still need to knit about 20 or so squares to make a nice big quilt that you don't have to sit and tug at to make sure it covers you! But I'm now knitting some smaller squares to go round the edge, just to finish it off in a classy style of course, haha. I can't wait to get this finished!


But of course when you go back to something you've been doing for a while you start to get distracted and want to do something else! So now i'm also trying out different types of knitting and shapes to create a sample book!

The image to the left here is actually the beginnings of a book cover for the samples, why not start from the outside! I know people always say you can't judge a book by it's cover, but with this one I really hope you can!

I've created a few samples with different threads and shapes, but I didn't want to make a too longer blog post and I thought I'd wait to fill the book more before I show you!

So on that note I suppose I better get back to the knitting to try and finish everything off! 3 months down the line before I go to uni and I might just get it finished!

Thanks for reading!

Chloe. LittleBitOfSassy. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all your comments and try and reply to all of them too! Thank you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...