Friday, 11 July 2014

Degree Show!

It's Friday again! A few weeks ago this would have made a huge difference to me, the last day of the week, you can come home and just relax because the next 2 days are the weekend. At the moment because it's now summer for me, no day seems that different. I always feel it's only summer when you forget what day it is, haha.

Anyway I'm taking you all back to Monday (the day your supposed to hate) because I went and visited the Norwich Arts University Degree Show, where I hope to be going to uni to in a few months time and found some amazing creations so I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite pieces!



This display was one of my favourites, I'd seen something like this before working with a more 3D foamy effect under the fabric and really loved it but this was one step further with all the added detail. I love the colours she chose as well, I find something like this really inspiring because it almost shows you anything can be done if you try hard. 


I loved seeing this piece as she had created something around buildings, and I had recently creating a piece with buildings in Norwich for my A Level final piece. It really made me think how so many people can do the same theme but come out with completely different effects!

The scale that some of the work and samples went to!

Large fabrics created with small designs, I love how good this person is at drawing animals!


This piece really captured my eye, I love the bright colours and the abstract look you can see from it! I can't wait to be able to experiment and hopefully come up with something as bright and crazy as this. That's what I'm really looking forward to, being able to experiment and try things I've never had the chance to do before.


This was super cute, it looks so homely and I really want my room to look something like this. Somewhere you can just relax but look really nice, simple and free!


As you can tell I was mainly looking at textile work because that's what I want to do (if you couldn't tell from previous blog posts, haha) but I looked at some of the fine art, fashion and photography work too. I didn't take many photos of them but here's some of the pieces I liked and the unusual fashion students work below. 

When I was looking around at uni's last year I spent so much time looking at photography and textiles because I didn't know what to do. But now I've chosen textiles I hope I can take photography on as a hobby and maybe involve it in my work too!


Little detour off the Degree Show I just thought I'd share with you where I went that evening because we spent quite a long time in Norwich that evening we thought why not grab a bite to eat?




If you haven't guessed already we went to an Italian, Jamie's Italian in fact, which I think is the best Italian I have been too in the UK so far. I don't suppose it compares to anywhere in Italy but it was still very nice and worth a try if you haven' t been! Lucky for us there was a £5 pasta deal on that night and throughout July, so go take a trip to Jamie's while you can if you haven't been I'd say!

That's it! My day to the degree show and a little meal to finish, one day I'll remember to actually photograph the food I had to I can really share it with you all!

Thanks for reading!

Chloe. LittleBitOfSassy. xx

Don't forget you can Follow my blog on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all your comments and try and reply to all of them too! Thank you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...