Wednesday, 13 August 2014

A Take on Paisley

Hi everyone!

I'm back with another manicure post because I know quite a few of you enjoyed the last manicure post. Also I'll do a sort of mini review on each of the polishes I used so you can see if you might like them too! On that note, lets get started!






When I did my last manicure a lot of people liked the simplicity but how different and fun it looked, I got a lot of comments on them at work last week too. So many people wondered how I did them and if I did them myself, I think a lot of people were surprised when I told them I did them at home!

So I decided to use the wonderful technique of dots again because at the moment it's the only thing I can do on both hands and it doesn't look all smudged on my right hand! Don't you hate when you do one hand perfect then the other just looks like a 5 year old could have done better?


So this week I did my own interpretation of paisley, I'm sure you all know what that looks like! And if you do then you'll know it's quite detailed and can be quite a complex pattern, so I took my dotting tool and alternated colours to create this simple but effective take on paisley!

I chose to use quite contrasting colours so there's still that obvious pop, but I think all these colours work really well together and I am very happy with the end result. What do you think? Would you give it a go?


Here's the products I used and what I thought of them, personally I think these are all great brands and all very worth the money for what you get. As you can see I used high street and high end polishes so there's a little bit for everyone! 

OPI Nail Lacquer in Yoga-ta get this blue! 

I love OPI for there names of the products, so different and inventive. This polish is a dark metallic blue with lots of different hues of blue in, I think the polish retails for £11 which I think is worth the money as it doesn't chip easily and you can get quite an opaque look with 1 coat, however I always use 2.

MaxFactor Glossfinity in 119 forever glam

I actually got this as part of a free gift box when I brought something else from MaxFactor as I don't normally buy MaxFactor polishes but I was very pleased to have got this one and I certainly would have paid the £5.99 that it retails for as it lasts well and it's such a bright pop of pink, very girly but very classic!

Avon Nailwear Pro in Loving Lavender

I think I probably have 90% of Avon nail polishes by now so I can't say this is a bad nail polish, it's a great lavender purple and is quite opaque, but I think you would need 2 coats if your not using it for nail art like I did. I think it retails for about £3 but I always get them when there's a half price offer. 

Avon Nail Experts in French Manicure White

As you can probably guess this is actually part of a pair for a French Manicure set which means the white is very opaque and you would only need one coat in my opinion. Again I think it's about £3 but I got this a while back and probably need a new white polish by now.

And for the top coat I used Seche Vite, which I mentioned in my last manicure post so I won't go on about that, along with an Avon Gel Strength base coat which is a great base coat however I've recently brought a new base coat by Nails Inc as I think this one has almost had it's day as it doesn't have quite the power it used to have of keeping my nail polish put.

There we go, that's what I used and the manicure I created, if you like these posts and want it to be a regular thing let me know! 

Thanks for reading! 

Chloe. LittleBitOfSassy. xx

Don't forget you can Follow my blog on Bloglovin!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe i'll do some little tutorials sometime, honestly dots is the easiest form of nail art I think! xx

      Delete

I read all your comments and try and reply to all of them too! Thank you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...