Monday, 4 August 2014

Floral/Racing Nails and my Savior!

As some of you may or may not know I LOVE painting my nails and I pretty much change them weekly to something different because I easily get bored and have so many nail polishes I feel changing my nails weekly means I might actually use 1 up! 

So this time round I did a little bit of nail art using simple black and white dots! You would never believe that initially I was going to make a checkered flag on one of my nails because I've been to the BTCC over the weekend (which I will so a photographic blog post on on wednesday) so thought I would get in the spirit of things, but in the end I went with floral nails...I still stuck with the black and white though!








As you can see I went with quite a busy floral pattern, but I love it because I think the coral base colour makes it look super summery! Also the black and white contrast so well together I just had to give it a go! 


The nail polishes I used to create this look were -

  • Black by Creative Colours, this was a gift I got a while back so I don't know if they exist anymore but it was the only black I have. I think I need a better quality one, for dots this is ok but I think it's a little opaque for full black nails. 
  • Coral Reef by Avon, this is such a bright summery colour!
  • French White by Avon, a classic
  • Seche Vite Top Coat which is what I mean by my savior!

Now when I said Seche Vite was my savior I really mean that! A few months ago I picked this up because I know a lot of people think it's a great top coat as it's a dry fast top coat and I had just about run out of my OPI drip dry, which by the way is a good alternative but takes a little longer to dry. 

And oh my god this top coat is so good, if your one of them people that can't stand waiting for nail polish to dry or smudge nail art with the top coat this is for you! It can be a tad expensive for a top coat but I think a good top coat really helps your nail polish to last even if your colour is quite cheap. Also another good point it's really easy to take off with nail polish remover which I was surprised about because my nail polish lasts so long and it's a great top coat to stop chipping yet it comes off really easily when I want to change my mani! Brilliant I think! 

So that's it, my turn around on racing nails, oops!

Thanks for reading!

Chloe. LittleBitOfSassy. xx

Don't forget you can Follow my blog on Bloglovin!

10 comments:

  1. Loved your nails. Following you on GFC & Bloglovin to keep in touch!
    Mind following back!

    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! You are so talented :)

    New post on my blog and it'll mean the world to me if you check it out. I always follow back :)
    http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Be sure to look at your blog! xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! Something simple but effective! xx

      Delete
  4. Those are so cute! Do you find the seche vite sometimes shrinks the polish?


    Bf Gf Does Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Only a little sometimes, but no more than any other top coat I have used and I'm often changing my nails anyway xx

      Delete
  5. I love these nails, they are the cutest! I always use the Barry M topcoat because it's super cheap but still really good :***
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ooh, I might have a look at that! xx

      Delete

I read all your comments and try and reply to all of them too! Thank you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...