Monday, 11 August 2014

Garnier Ultimate Blends The Colour Illuminator Review

Hello lovelies! I have another review for you all!

As some of you may know here in the UK this shampoo and conditioner has been all over the TV at the moment with adverts, so when I saw it and realised I needed a new shampoo and conditioner as I recently coloured my hair I thought why not try give it a go!







The variety I picked up is for coloured hair as like I said I coloured my hair and realised I didn't have a coloured shampoo and conditioner. I have been really loving this duo because it really has made my hair feel soft and clean, however I'm not sure if it has held my colour as well as it could have done. But I think that could be down to other reasons like using heat on my hair, how often I wash it and spending a lot of time outside where the sun can easily fade it, so I wouldn't put it down to this not being good enough! 

Seen as this is a review I thought maybe I'd do it in a slightly different way to before so I'm going to rate certain aspects and elaborate below, let me know if you like the review like this or just me typing away. 

Price: £3.89 normally, but I got them half price

I think the price is worth it, especially as I got it half price and it was the larger bottles. Also when I was buying these I accidentally picked up 2 conditioners, but seen as the price was good I kept them and brought a shampoo as I go through conditioners like crazy anyway. Please say I'm not the only one? 

Packaging: Average

I'd say the packaging is pretty average, it doesn't necessarily stand out from the crowd as it's fairly typical. Also I feel when squeezing the product out you have to hold them in way that doesn't send half the bottle down the drain as it can make a bit of a mess. 

Scent: Pretty damn lush!

The scent of this collection is very nice, I think the cranberry is what does it! Makes it more refreshing and like you want to be washing your hair with it as the aroma fills the bathroom. 

The inner product (what you really want to know!): I'd buy it again!

I couldn't really decide how to explain this one, so I've gone with I'd buy it again. Like I said earlier it does work and it makes your hair feel really soft and smooth, but on this occasion I don't think it held the colour as well as it could have. But saying that I don't think it's any worse than any other colour shampoo and conditioner I have used in the past. 

So overall I think it is a good shampoo and conditioner, especially when you take into account the price as it's very good for what it's worth. I don't expect it to be like some high end colour treatment that will help my hair for years on end!


Thanks for reading! 

Chloe. LittleBitOfSassy. xx

Don't forget you can Follow my blog on Bloglovin! 

6 comments:

  1. Great review of this product! I love when you are using a product that smells so so good at it fills the room with that scent!

    elwillmer.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I love it! Reminds me of when you walk past LUSH and the scent just fills the street! xx

      Delete
  2. Always looking for a great Shampoo and Conditioner for coloured hair :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! It's one of those things I still haven't found an absolutely go to product for yet xx

      Delete
  3. I own two sets from this collection and they are pretty decent, but not something extraordinary. I use them on the days when I haven't styled my hair much. I must admit they smell delicious though!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I have used better sets but the smell is very nice! xx

      Delete

I read all your comments and try and reply to all of them too! Thank you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...