Saturday, 30 August 2014

Rimmel Match Perfection Review

Hello everyone!

So a while ago I brought the Match Perfection Foundation by Rimmel in Light Porcelain, seen as it had been really warm I thought a lighter foundation would be great for the summer as BB creams have never quite done it for me!

Now I'm not sure if I've said on my blog yet, but I tend to prefer a higher coverage foundation because I just feel I look a lot healthier and it helps boost my confidence, so when I brought this with a light coverage it was a bit of a see how it goes type thing...



Personally I think this is a nice foundation and does what it says on the package but I'm not completely certain on it for what I like, but that's my opinion. However I think the colour range is great because I can't often get a light enough foundation for me as my skin is quite light and a lot of drugstore foundations can tend to make me look a little orangey, and no one wants that!

There's also a light scent to it I feel which is sort of floral, which I'm sure you will know about if you've brought something from rimmel before. Don't get me wrong it's a nice smell but I prefer foundations to not have a smell really as sometimes anything like that can cause a little break out on my skin.

Little swatch, obviously this is on my arm and doesn't match there

What I'm personally not sure on with this foundation though is it is rather liquidy so if you don't like a really liquid foundation and more of a slightly denser one this probably isn't for you. Which yes I did find and recently I have been pairing up with another foundation not only to thicken it but give more of a medium coverage. 

With the coverage it definitely is a light coverage and I don't think you can really get any more than that,  for me it's not very buildable as it starts to look cakey and like you don't know how to apply foundation, so coverage wise it's not really for me. 

However I am determined to use it, so when I have slightly better skin days I mix this with a higher coverage foundation by No7 and I can just about pull it off. 

It also has a sort of dewy-matte finish which I like, but I often use powder just to keep it in place for as long as I can.

For the price I brought it for (£5.99) it has stood up to my thoughts on drugstore foundations, I've only ever been to a brand which matches the foundation to my skin because you never waste money that way as I don't tend to get along with drugstore too well. And with this one I think it's going to take a while for me to finish, sorry drugstore foundations but I think I'm more of a higher end foundation fan!

Thanks for reading!

Chloe. LittleBitOfSassy. xx

Don't forget you can Follow my blog on Bloglovin!

PS. I was going to do a Q&A today but I didn't get any questions so if you want to see a Q&A let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I'm exactly the same as you with wanting a higher coverage! Lauren Curtis on YouTube is great for high coverage foundation recommendations! Her favourites are L'Oreal True Match and L'Oreal Infallible :) Great review!

    p.s. my question would be: Do you ever find it difficult to come up with a blog post idea? Like writer's block, or what I call Blogger's Block! :)

    elwillmer.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take a look at her then! Thanks for reading, glad you liked it! Also if I get more questions I'll answer yours in a Q&A at some point, otherwise I'll be happy to answer soon! xx

      Delete

I read all your comments and try and reply to all of them too! Thank you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...