Monday, 1 September 2014

What I've been lovin! August!

I can't believe August is over already! 

For me I think it's one of my favourite months it's the middle of summer and the last month before everything goes back to normal in September, although this year round for me I don't start uni until the end of the month but there's still a lot to do and fit in before I start!

So let's get cracking! On with August favourites!




Looking back on some of the items I've chosen to show you today it almost feels like ages ago that I decided to pick them, but the reason I've picked them is because I loved them during August and some have changed already which means I have a September Favourites coming along already! God I feel like I'm wishing the month away!

Anyway...

1. Aztec Print BodyCon Dress
Now some of you who follow my blog will have seen this dress come up already in my New Look Sale Haul, so if you want to go see it being worn check it out here! But I wore it out for the first time last month ,out Clubbing and I just loved wearing it, it's bold, stands out from the crowds and definitely made me feel more confident in an environment I certainly wasn't used to, and for me I don't think I still am...But we'll soon see with this Uni business coming up...Eeek!!

2. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
I have definitely been loving this palette during summer, when it's been really warm and sunny I much prefer to wear lighter and brighter tones but with a hint of darker colour to add shape and this certainly did the job or me! I find this is more of my summer palette as the shades tend to be a lot lighter than my Naked Palette. Also seen as I have bluey eyes it works well and brings out the colour just a tad!

3. Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Celestial
This has been my holy grail this month, it's just a little darker than my natural lip colour and gives a nice gloss and finish to my lips! It's also really opaque which I love because it's almost a lipstick. I'm sure from a couple of posts ago you could all guess this was coming, but if I'm honest this is definitely my summer staple before I start getting the darker shades out for Autumn and Winter.

4. NYC Mosaic Colour Wheel Blush in Pink Cheek Glow
I didn't know I was going to add this to my favourites until about 3 days ago and was going to hold back until September but I thought I might have something else in store for then! I don't often wear blush because I always thought I looked a bit like a clown and hated it, but the other day when I was out shopping I got stopped to get a makeover at the Urban Decay stand so I thought I'd take it on. She did my face make-up which included blush, at the time I wasn't sure but in the end I got used to it and everyone I asked said I looked better. So yeah, blush has grown on me and this was the first one I had in my draw so thought I'd give it a go, in the end I loved it and it suits my skin very well!

5. No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation in Calico
I actually use this on a regular basis and have done for the past 9 months at least, but I thought I'd put it in my favourites because recently it has really worked wonders on my skin and layering up where I need it I haven't had to use concealer. This is more of a medium-high coverage foundation which I love but it's nicely buildable when you buff it into the skin, it can look a bit cakey if you don't buff! Although I find that with a lot of foundations!

6. Aloe Vera Vaseline
Now for a lot of people this is probably a classic and a staple product. Recently I ran out of 2 Vaseline tubs which meant I was only left with my SPF one, although I love SPF and you're supposed to use it all year round it wasn't helping my dry chapped lips. So while I was out I picked this up and I have to say it has helped! My lips still haven't completely recovered and probably won't as the weather gets colder, but for sure it will keep it under control! 
If anyone knows any really good lip balms that can battle the winter please let me know!

7. Barry M Gelly Polish in Kiwi
This was a little offer pick up really when I needed a Black nail polish so I didn't intend to pick it up, however I have really loved it! It's a great end of summer colour leading up to Autumn and it tries a tad more green. It also lasts well and it very shiny so thumbs up for me on this one! My next post will have this polish in to keep en eye out!

That's everything, sorry it's been a bit of a long ramble! 

Thanks for reading!

Chloe. LittleBitOfSassy. xx

Don't forget you can Follow my blog on Bloglovin!

8 comments:

  1. Nice picks!

    Keep in touch
    xx
    Antonella :)
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually never heard of aloe vera vaseline strangely! I love reading other peoples favourites every month. Have you tried any NYX blushes? They might just make you fall in love and they're soo affordable!


    I'll leave you a link to check out mine too if you want to : Bf Gf Does Blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I think it's probably the best for actually helping chapped lips, there's so many now that just smell nice or look nice! I love reading favourites too, great way to find new things! I haven't used NYX products but I'll definitely check them out, thanks! Will check your blog out too! Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  3. Oooh love! Great post :)

    http://life15juicy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed reading! xx

      Delete
  4. I've been using the Urban Decay 2 Palette all summer, the shades are amazing! Great favourites <3 xx

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a summer staple I would say! Glad you liked the post! xx

      Delete

I read all your comments and try and reply to all of them too! Thank you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...